If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Final gifts


From the obituary of writer Robert B. Parker that appeared in today's edition of The New York Times:

Mr. Parker’s editor, Chris Pepe, said that in addition to the new Jesse Stone novel, Putnam would publish a new western by Mr. Parker in the spring; two additional Spenser novels are in production but unscheduled, she said.

I was hoping for the small chance of at least one more Spenser novel, in addition to the Jesse Stone title we already knew was forthcoming, to ease the loss all us Parker fans are now feeling. But it looks like we'll be getting a good deal more than that. Two more Spensers and a western! Thank you, Mr. Parker, for these final gifts. Even though you're no longer with us, your great work ethic is still benefitting your readers.

Eight pages of novels by Robert B. Parker are currently available in the Kindle store, and more titles are regularly added. Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to 1973's The Godwulf Manuscript (Mr. Parker's first published novel and his first Spenser adventure), which is available for $6.39. Trust me, you'll read it and immediately click to buy the next title in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment