If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Belkin Neoprene K2 case


I initially bought the official K2 leather cover, and it was generally fine. But I eventually decided that I'd like a cover/case that completely encloses and cushions the Kindle, as I tend to carry it around a lot, toss it in the car during trips, etc. So I bought the Belkin Neoprene Case after seeing and reading about it on Amazon. And, happily, it turned out to be a great purchase, handsome and functional. I especially like the way the cushioning inside isolates the Kindle from the zipper, so there's no danger (unless you're really, really careless, or maybe drunk) of scratching your Kindle while zipping or unzipping the case.

And even though this is a soft product, there's just enough stiffness to the Belkin Case to prevent the material from settling down and sitting on the Kindle screen when you place the covered device down somewhere. Though there's really no harm if that does occur, as the Kindle sits snugly in the case and won't move around and create friction between the inside surface and the screen.

Downsides? Well, unlike the stiff official K2 cover, this is still a soft case that won't allow you to safely place anything of weight on top of it, so the Kindle will always have to be on top of any pile of things you're carrying or placing in a carry-all bag. And I always have to take the extra, perhaps slightly inconvenient, step of making sure my grip is pressuring the keyboard area, not the more sensitive screen area, when I'm carrying the case around. But these are quibbles. There's yet to be a Kindle case or cover that perfectly addresses all concerns, and maybe it's not realistic to expect one.

So, for now, if you're looking for a cushioned case that completely protects the Kindle from weather, scratches, minor bumps, and other things along these lines, you can't go wrong with the Belkin Case. It currently goes for a shade under 25 bucks on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment