If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Welcome to the Taproom... don't let the cold air in!

Welcome to the very first post in "Kindle Taproom", a warm, friendly virtual bar where you'll always find some friendly banter about all manner of things, but mostly about books, movies, items in the news, assorted diversions, and- of course- great stuff on Kindle. I'm Joe, your sympathetic proprietor, and I'll offer some (I hope) thoughtful and entertaining chat when you stop in, but just as happily will let you enjoy your Dewars on the rocks in peace if you need a little quiet after a hectic day in the office. So, sit a spell, relax, and drop in often to see what's new.

Oh, seeing as you're here, you'd like to know what I'm reading? A cool little tome called "The View From the Bridge", by Nicholas Meyer. Mr. Meyer directed the films "The Seven Percent Solution", "Time After Time", "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan", and "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country". His tales of life on the set, with an emphasis on his adventures with the "Trek" films, makes for extremely entertaining and breezy reading if you're at all intereted in these topics. I got it for about 13 bucks on Kindle (hey, everything can't top out at $9.99), and I'm finding it well worth it. If the price seems a little high to you, never fear... I'm sure it'll drop by about half once the paperback edition of the dead-tree version comes out.

More later, but for now, thanks for stopping by. Oh, and that first round was on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment