If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Weekend movies

Now that we're in the heart of the holiday movie season, there's a lot to see out there, and discuss over drinks later. This weekend's big draw is, of course, James Cameron's Avatar, available for your viewing pleasure in (according to the ads) 2D, something called Real D 3D, Digital 3D, and finally, IMAX 3D. That final version will be my personal choice. Also new this weekend is the romantic comedy Did You Hear About the Morgans? with Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker. Popular holdovers include The Blind Side and The Twilight Saga: New Moon. If you're in the mood for more esoteric fare, check your local listings and see if The Young Victoria and Me and Orson Welles have opened yet in your area. After all, rich period bio films are always in good taste this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment