If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thought of the day

You know what's interesting? That an electronic device that features as its primary component The New Oxford American Dictionary would alone be worth owning, and paying a decent amount of money for (maybe a hundred bucks?). I mean, I use the dictionary on my K2 all the time, and can easily imagine the value of carrying around an electronic dictionary that doesn't do anything else except, well... be a dictionary. But here we have the Kindle, which provides the Oxford Dictionary as only the tip of the iceberg.

Maybe I'm strange, but I think that's kind of cool. A dictionary, an endless amount of books, and a half dozen other cool features (including a web browser), all for a little more than a couple of hundred bucks. Even with my initial excitement now somewhat muted after owning a K1 and then a K2, I'm still sold on the concept. Do you still have moments, months or years after becoming a Kindle-holic, where you still say, wow, this is a really neat device?

No comments:

Post a Comment