If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

If anyone needs me, I'll be reading. Please don't need me.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

More Holmes trivia to ponder

As a quick follow-up to my previous post, the Sherlock Holmes collection I recently acquired on Kindle is now ranked at #4 among Kindle top sellers, and is priced at the whopping cost of free (I either got it for free or for something like the 80 cents I seem to remember I paid for it). It's The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and it's a great place to start your acquaintance with the original Holmes stories. The average customer rating for this offering currently stands at four-and-a-half stars, if you're curious.

Incidentally, the movie Sherlock Holmes made a whopping $65,000,000-plus this past weekend (its opening weekend), so it seems that there's no tiring of this particular character more than a hundred years after his creation. If not for the juggernaut that is Avatar, the new Holmes film would have clearly been the #1 film this weekend at the U.S. and Canadian box office, and not a close #2. But that's okay: the film did achieve the all-time Christmas day record with $29,000,000 and change in earnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment